Uber updates app to help deaf drivers
June 28, 2016
App based cab service Uber has added new features to its app for its deaf and hearing impaired drivers in the United States.
Now a light will flash alongwith the existing audio cue every time a new trip is requested. The option for passengers to call the driver will be blocked and riders who want to provide special pickup instructions can only text.
The app also adds an extra screen for passengers to enter their destination alongwith a note that lets them know their driver is deaf or hard-of-hearing.
Uber is testing these special features in four cities across the US for now.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News