Uber updates app to help deaf drivers
App based cab service Uber has added new features to its app for its deaf and hearing impaired drivers in the United States.
Now a light will flash alongwith the existing audio cue every time a new trip is requested. The option for passengers to call the driver will be blocked and riders who want to provide special pickup instructions can only text.
The app also adds an extra screen for passengers to enter their destination alongwith a note that lets them know their driver is deaf or hard-of-hearing.
Uber is testing these special features in four cities across the US for now.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Get-hooked February 20, 2019 Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News