London Police offer Text 911 service for hearing, speech impaired
June 29, 2016
The London Police and the London Fire Department are offering Text with 911 services to the deaf, hard of hearing and speech impaired within London city and Middlesex County.
Text with 911 allows for the same access to the emergency 911 phone call system like everyone. The 911 voice call is conducted through text messaging with a registered cellular phone.
Those who wish to get the service have to register their phone with their cellular service provider.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Deaf Entertainment is bringing the magic of movies to new audiences
- Accessibility June 22, 2019 With no hearing test facility at Delhi's Safdarjung Hospital, disabled students miss NEET counselling
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Finance Minister to present budget on 5 July
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
- Education June 19, 2019 Parents, special educators group files RTI into status of inclusive education in Kerala
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Felt suicidal after India loss, says Pakistan cricket coach
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News