Radio waves can help the blind play football
Sridip Das, a final year student at Delhi's School of Planning and Architecture has designed equipment to help blind players play football.
It uses radio frequency identification and other technologies to emit sounds that enable the blind to play. Das spent time with the students of a blind school in Delhi to understand the problems they faced while playing the sport.
Das has designed a ball that has a small device fixed to it that continuously emits sound. Since not all the players are completely blind, everyone wears an eye mask while playing which has a reader that detects signals sent out by the way finders and poles installed at the corners of the ground.
When a player steps outside the playing area, the reader raises an alarm.The finders installed on the goalposts help players sense their way towards the goal line using sound.
Watch in Sign Language
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
- Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
February 13, 2019
- Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
February 12, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Understanding Misophonia
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Events February 10, 2019 Cerebral Palsy at Bhopal and Varanasi 2019
- Headlines February 9, 2019 Akash Ambani and Shloka Mehta to tie the knot on 9 March
- Events February 9, 2019 The Learning Factory, a Musical Puppet Play
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 #LovePossible – When Swarnalatha proposed to Guruprasad
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News