Monuments to become accessible for people with disabilities
July 3, 2016
Soon people with disabilities will be able to access top tourist places like temples and museums without much any discomfort.
The ministries of culture and social justice and empowerment will make 50 prominent monuments accessible soon. Some of the prominent monuments include the Qutab Minar, Red Fort, and Humayun's tomb in Delhi, Konark Sun Temple and Jagannath Temple in Odisha, the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, etc.
Facilities provided will include wheelchairs, disabled-friendly toilets, Braille signages, tactile floors or pathways, railings and ramps.
The project will be done nationwide in a phased manner.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Finance Minister to present budget on 5 July
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Snehankit Helpline for visually impaired students is helping them shine in academics
- Headlines June 25, 2019 RBI Deputy Governor resigns
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat
- Get-hooked June 26, 2019 Nationwide contest seeks to unearth and showcase talented blind cooks
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Zakker Hussain’s relentless commitment to social work is admired by many people
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News