Theatre techniques that helps increase attention span of kids with autism
July 4, 2016
Parasuram Ramamoorthy, a theater artiste in Tamil Nadu uses face masks to help children with autism make eye contact, focus and learn social skills.
He also uses other theater techniques such as role play, rehearsals and creative games. Wearing the mask seems to help increase the attention span of autistic children from the usual 30 seconds to 300 seconds. They seem to feel safer and connect better with parents and teachers.
Over 5000 children have benefited from these methods and they have been adopted in several places abroad. The techniques can be learned from an online course.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked June 20, 2019 Nandavanam centre is changing lives of disabled kids with a blend of tradition & compassion
- Headlines June 19, 2019 6 jawans injured in terror strike in Pulwama
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News