Theatre techniques that helps increase attention span of kids with autism
July 4, 2016
Parasuram Ramamoorthy, a theater artiste in Tamil Nadu uses face masks to help children with autism make eye contact, focus and learn social skills.
He also uses other theater techniques such as role play, rehearsals and creative games. Wearing the mask seems to help increase the attention span of autistic children from the usual 30 seconds to 300 seconds. They seem to feel safer and connect better with parents and teachers.
Over 5000 children have benefited from these methods and they have been adopted in several places abroad. The techniques can be learned from an online course.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Ex-minister Arun Jaitley on life support
- Parasports August 15, 2019 Sekhar Goud is India's first triple amputee to scale Mount Elburus in Russia twice
- Events August 14, 2019 Traffic Awareness By Physically Challenged Friends
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Understanding Autism and Head banging
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Young innovator Prashant Gade seeks support to give prosthetic arms for free to the needy
- Headlines August 18, 2019 Telephone services, Internet partially back in J&K
- Headlines August 14, 2019 Expect little international support on J&K, says Pakistan foreign minister
- Headlines August 16, 2019 Virat Kohli sets new record
- Accessibility August 13, 2019 PM Modi's direction to develop app for disabled people welcomed
- Headlines August 17, 2019 UN Security Council holds meeting about Kashmir
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News