Website describes challenges faced by dyslexic people
July 3, 2016
Dyslexia is a common reading disability. But most of us do not understand the challenges faced by dyslexic individuals to read and interpret written matter.
Now, a website lets us view the alphabet through the eyes of a dyslexic individual. Developed by Victor Widell, it helps us understand how dyslexia interferes with reading and writing and also empathize with those affected by the disability.
Dyslexia has nothing to do with intellect. Affected individuals only see letters jumping around and have to invest a lot of effort and time to read. The website describes how a dyslexic friend of Widell described her experiences of reading, followed by a paragraph on what dyslexia entails.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 23, 2019 Congress list for Delhi polls out
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Accessibility April 26, 2019 With 3,000 plus polling booths on upper floors, disabled voters in Maharashtra are a worried lot
- Get-hooked April 26, 2019 #GetMoneywise – Financial planning tips for parents with children with disabilities
- Headlines April 25, 2019 Bollywood star Akshay Kumar interviews PM Modi
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Headlines April 23, 2019 Sri Lanka declares emergency, Islamist group identified
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News