Website describes challenges faced by dyslexic people
July 3, 2016
Dyslexia is a common reading disability. But most of us do not understand the challenges faced by dyslexic individuals to read and interpret written matter.
Now, a website lets us view the alphabet through the eyes of a dyslexic individual. Developed by Victor Widell, it helps us understand how dyslexia interferes with reading and writing and also empathize with those affected by the disability.
Dyslexia has nothing to do with intellect. Affected individuals only see letters jumping around and have to invest a lot of effort and time to read. The website describes how a dyslexic friend of Widell described her experiences of reading, followed by a paragraph on what dyslexia entails.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Panel to review ‘One Nation, One Election’ plan
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Parasports June 19, 2019 Tamil Nadu set to rock the National Wheelchair Basketball Championship
- Parasports June 26, 2019 Ireland win puts para shuttler Pramod Bhagat among contenders for Tokyo Paralympics
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Encephalitis kills 108 people in Bihar
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News