Calming room for kids with autism at US theme park
July 3, 2016
Children with autism who visit Dolly Parton's Dollywood, a theme park in Tennessee, US, can look forward to a special calming room tbat has been created.
The park has a ride accessibility center that can make kids with autism spectrum disorders feel agitated and over stimulated. Parents can use the calming room to make them feel more comfortable.
The room has low-sensory toys like gently glowing lights and a cozy teepee tent and was designed specifically for the comfort of autistic children.
The room has received very positive feedback from parents who bring their kids to the park.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News