Sports Ministry grants recognition to Paralympic Committee of India
July 4, 2016
India's Sports Ministry has granted recognition to the Paralympic Committee of India, which will be a big encouragement to the para-athletes who have qualified for Rio Paralympics.
Less than a month back the International Paralympic Committee lifted the suspension order on the PCI so that India can take part in the Rio event to be held from 7 to 18 September.
A record number of 20 Indian para-athletes have qualified for the event.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News