Govt allows disability quota in promotions
July 4, 2016
People with disabilities will now be entitled to reservation in promotion for government jobs, says the Supreme Court. This will clear a major block for those who face difficulties and discrimination.
Under a 1995 law, the government identifies 3% jobs as suitable for persons with disabilities but doesn't enforce the same quota in promotions. This meant people with disabilities could not be appointed to government posts that are meant to be filled up by promotion only.
Now the court has ruled that once a position is identified as suitable, people with disabilities must be given 3% quota under the 1995 Persons with Disabilities Act.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 23, 2019 Certificate Course on Down Syndrome
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Disabled adults experience the healing touch of animals for the first time at a therapy session
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Get-hooked June 20, 2019 Nandavanam centre is changing lives of disabled kids with a blend of tradition & compassion
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News