Govt allows disability quota in promotions
People with disabilities will now be entitled to reservation in promotion for government jobs, says the Supreme Court. This will clear a major block for those who face difficulties and discrimination.
Under a 1995 law, the government identifies 3% jobs as suitable for persons with disabilities but doesn’t enforce the same quota in promotions. This meant people with disabilities could not be appointed to government posts that are meant to be filled up by promotion only.
Now the court has ruled that once a position is identified as suitable, people with disabilities must be given 3% quota under the 1995 Persons with Disabilities Act.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Get-hooked February 20, 2019 Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News