Govt allows disability quota in promotions
July 4, 2016
People with disabilities will now be entitled to reservation in promotion for government jobs, says the Supreme Court. This will clear a major block for those who face difficulties and discrimination.
Under a 1995 law, the government identifies 3% jobs as suitable for persons with disabilities but doesn't enforce the same quota in promotions. This meant people with disabilities could not be appointed to government posts that are meant to be filled up by promotion only.
Now the court has ruled that once a position is identified as suitable, people with disabilities must be given 3% quota under the 1995 Persons with Disabilities Act.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News