Device that helps parents track kids with autism
July 6, 2016
Many children with autism have a tendency to wander off and this is always a cause of concern and anxiety for parents.
To address this, Doron Somer, who is from the United States and has a 19-year-old son with autism, has created a device called AngelSense.
AngelSense allows parents to track their child through wearable devices with GPS. The device sends text alerts to parents so they know where their children are at all times. If the child is in an unsafe area, it sends alerts.
The device also allows parents to hear the sounds at the locations where their children are.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
April 18, 2019
- Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
April 15, 2019
- Developmental disorders can now be diagnosed from home, thanks to this app developed by AIIMS
April 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Disabled people in parts of Goa can look forward to wheelchair accessible transport on voting day
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 Court orders UIDAI to give Aadhaar to woman without fingerprints
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 'Mental hai kya': Sensational & STIGMA MULTIPLIES? - My take by Dr Harish Shetty
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News