Device that helps parents track kids with autism
Many children with autism have a tendency to wander off and this is always a cause of concern and anxiety for parents.
To address this, Doron Somer, who is from the United States and has a 19-year-old son with autism, has created a device called AngelSense.
AngelSense allows parents to track their child through wearable devices with GPS. The device sends text alerts to parents so they know where their children are at all times. If the child is in an unsafe area, it sends alerts.
The device also allows parents to hear the sounds at the locations where their children are.
Watch in Sign Language
- Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
February 17, 2019
- Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
February 14, 2019
- Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
February 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Valentine’s Day plans - NewzHook readers share some ideas
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019