Bengaluru para swimmer wins 4 gold medals in international event
July 6, 2016
Niranjan Mukundan, a para swimmer from Bengaluru, has won eight medals, including three golds, at the recently-held International Wheelchair and Amputee Sports World Games in Prague, Czech Republic.
He won gold medals in the 200 metre freestyle, 50 metre butterfly and 50 metre breaststroke.
Niranjan is being supported by the GoSports Foundation, which has a program for para champions.
Niranjan, who is born with a medical condition called Spina Bifida and clubbed feet, also delivered the athletes' oath on behalf of 35 competing countries. In last year's event, he set a record for highest number of individual medals, getting 10 medals in all the events that he participated in.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News