A wheelchair that works in all kinds of terrain
July 6, 2016
When his late wife was left partially paralyzed after she suffered a stroke eight years ago, Peter Thompson, who lives in New Zealand wanted to find a way that his wife could enjoy the outdoors.
This inspired him to design a wheelchair that could help wheelchair users and those looking after them.
He created a wheelchair that could work in all kind of terrain. Thompson hopes his innovation will get people who suffer strokes or any other life changing medical event to get interested in life again.
The lightweight wheelchair which has rear steering, is called ViMo, short for Vitality in Motion.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
June 13, 2019
- Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
June 12, 2019
- #TechThursdays – What makes the DALI app a game changer for students with dyslexia
June 6, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Events June 11, 2019 Nurturing The Green Week’ 2019 - World Environment day
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Events June 13, 2019 SLD Awareness Programme
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News