Bluetooth buttons help visually impaired find their way
July 7, 2016
A set of Bluetooth-enabled buttons called Pips are helping people who are visually impaired find their way. This is proving especially helpful with children who have vision problems.
Called Pips, these buttons can can be placed anywhere around the home and they flash and beep, to tell the user what they need to do. Once the button has been pressed, it turns off and activates the next Pip in the sequence.
The prototype was originally designed to help people with dementia manage their daily tasks. Once developed, Nominet, the company that designed it, realized it has wider uses.
The code and instructions for how to build Pips are now available online, so people can start experimenting with the technology.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
June 13, 2019
- Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
June 12, 2019
- #TechThursdays – What makes the DALI app a game changer for students with dyslexia
June 6, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Events June 11, 2019 Nurturing The Green Week’ 2019 - World Environment day
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News