15-year-old with disability makes it to Junior Wimbledon tennis
July 7, 2016
British girl Francesca Jones, who is 15 years old, was born with a rare condition that affects the growth of the fingers and toes. She has three fingers and a thumb on each hand. But she has not let that come in the way of her dream of being a tennis player.
Her love for the game motivated her to undergo operations on her hands so that she could improve her game.
This year her dream of playing in a major tournament became a reality when she entered the Junior Wimbledon tennis competition and made it through the first round.This is remarkable given that Francesca has has difficulty gripping the racket and balancing her body as her right foot has only three toes.
She was ranked fourth in the world when she was just under 14 years old and she hopes to continue achieving in the future.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Headlines April 24, 2019 PM Modi casts vote in Ahmedabad
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Parasports April 24, 2019 Kolkata gears up to host three nation wheelchair cricket T-20 series
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News