15-year-old with disability makes it to Junior Wimbledon tennis
July 7, 2016
British girl Francesca Jones, who is 15 years old, was born with a rare condition that affects the growth of the fingers and toes. She has three fingers and a thumb on each hand. But she has not let that come in the way of her dream of being a tennis player.
Her love for the game motivated her to undergo operations on her hands so that she could improve her game.
This year her dream of playing in a major tournament became a reality when she entered the Junior Wimbledon tennis competition and made it through the first round.This is remarkable given that Francesca has has difficulty gripping the racket and balancing her body as her right foot has only three toes.
She was ranked fourth in the world when she was just under 14 years old and she hopes to continue achieving in the future.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Dhoni gets government support on gloves issue
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News