15-year-old with disability makes it to Junior Wimbledon tennis
British girl Francesca Jones, who is 15 years old, was born with a rare condition that affects the growth of the fingers and toes. She has three fingers and a thumb on each hand. But she has not let that come in the way of her dream of being a tennis player.
Her love for the game motivated her to undergo operations on her hands so that she could improve her game.
This year her dream of playing in a major tournament became a reality when she entered the Junior Wimbledon tennis competition and made it through the first round.This is remarkable given that Francesca has has difficulty gripping the racket and balancing her body as her right foot has only three toes.
She was ranked fourth in the world when she was just under 14 years old and she hopes to continue achieving in the future.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News