Device helps the blind identify rupee notes
July 9, 2016
The Tiffy Template is an innovation that helps the visually impaired identify rupee notes of different denominations.
The idea was the brainchild of Kerala-based Tiffany Brar who is blind and wanted to find a way that the visually impaired could avoid getting cheated in financial deals.
Her friends developed a plate with holes that was as small as a credit card and called it the Tiffy Template.
By folding and placing currency notes on the device, any blind person can make out the difference between notes. The steps in the template indicate the length of the notes and there is a small notch on the side to measure width.
There are also Braille inscriptions that make it easier to identify different rupee notes.Making the device costs just Rs 2 per piece. The template will soon be available for free across India.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
June 13, 2019
- Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
June 12, 2019
- #TechThursdays – What makes the DALI app a game changer for students with dyslexia
June 6, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News