Device helps the blind identify rupee notes
The Tiffy Template is an innovation that helps the visually impaired identify rupee notes of different denominations.
The idea was the brainchild of Kerala-based Tiffany Brar who is blind and wanted to find a way that the visually impaired could avoid getting cheated in financial deals.
Her friends developed a plate with holes that was as small as a credit card and called it the Tiffy Template.
By folding and placing currency notes on the device, any blind person can make out the difference between notes. The steps in the template indicate the length of the notes and there is a small notch on the side to measure width.
There are also Braille inscriptions that make it easier to identify different rupee notes.Making the device costs just Rs 2 per piece. The template will soon be available for free across India.
Watch in Sign Language
- Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
February 17, 2019
- Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
February 14, 2019
- Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
February 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News