First physically challenged Indian to paraglide at 5,000 ft
Shashi Sharma of Shimla in Himachal Pradesh got polio when he was two years old and this left him with up to 90% physical disabilities. He never let that come in the way of hid dreams.
He is the first person with disabilities in India to paraglide at 5,000 ft. He has also covered a distance of 600 km from Shimla to Rajasthan in a single day on his motorcycle.
Shashi says he loves to face challenges and wishes to fulfill his dreams despite difficulties.
But he says the government should do more to assist people with disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Events February 9, 2019 Race For 7
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Events February 10, 2019 4th All India Deaf Fine And Craft Festival
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019