First physically challenged Indian to paraglide at 5,000 ft
July 10, 2016
Shashi Sharma of Shimla in Himachal Pradesh got polio when he was two years old and this left him with up to 90% physical disabilities. He never let that come in the way of hid dreams.
He is the first person with disabilities in India to paraglide at 5,000 ft. He has also covered a distance of 600 km from Shimla to Rajasthan in a single day on his motorcycle.
Shashi says he loves to face challenges and wishes to fulfill his dreams despite difficulties.
But he says the government should do more to assist people with disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
- Headlines June 26, 2019 11 arrested in Jharkhand lynching case
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Imran Khan trolled after he quotes Tagore as Gibran
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 New study highlights importance of educating & training for children with autism
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News