First physically challenged Indian to paraglide at 5,000 ft
July 10, 2016
Shashi Sharma of Shimla in Himachal Pradesh got polio when he was two years old and this left him with up to 90% physical disabilities. He never let that come in the way of hid dreams.
He is the first person with disabilities in India to paraglide at 5,000 ft. He has also covered a distance of 600 km from Shimla to Rajasthan in a single day on his motorcycle.
Shashi says he loves to face challenges and wishes to fulfill his dreams despite difficulties.
But he says the government should do more to assist people with disabilities.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Headlines April 26, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals win again
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Get-hooked April 23, 2019 Delhi-based Coloured Zebra uses theatre for holistic growth
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Get-hooked April 26, 2019 #GetMoneywise – Financial planning tips for parents with children with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked April 26, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News