Goa's first wheelchair-friendly taxi hits the roads on 15 August
Goa's first wheelchair-friendly taxi will launch on 15 August, making it easier for persons with disabilities and senior citizens to leave their homes and travel with ease.
Both tourists and locals can use the taxi service.
The service has been launched by Umoja, an online travel site, that helps persons with disabilities to get out of their houses.
The taxi will be able to accommodate the wheelchair user, one driver and three passengers along with luggage. A ramp will be fitted on its side which can be lowered to allow wheelchair users easy access to the vehicle.
Watch in Sign Language
- Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
February 15, 2019
- Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
February 13, 2019
- Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Kerala government starts initiatives for inclusive elections
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Understanding Rare Diseases
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Impure alcohol kills 82 in U.P, Uttarakhand
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Udaan Idol Little Champs, Radio Udaan's annual music competition for disabled kids attracts huge response
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019