UK's Channel 4 has largest team of presenters with disabilities for Rio Paralympics
July 15, 2016
Britain's Channel 4 has the largest ever team of presenters with disabilities for its coverage of the 2016 Rio Paralympics.
Almost two-thirds of the on-screen anchors will be disabled and there will be 26 disabled production staff helping produce the coverage.
The Rio games, which take place in September, will be the biggest ever overseas broadcast in Channel 4 history with over 700 hours of live coverage.The reporting team includes former wheelchair rugby player Steve Brown, former sitting volleyball player Martine Wright and former Paralympic skier Sean Rose.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Education June 19, 2019 Parents, special educators group files RTI into status of inclusive education in Kerala
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 At this Chennai grocery shop, people with autism show their skills at customer service
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News