Children with disabilities learn life skills while skateboarding
An NGO in the United States called SkateMD is teaching social and physical skills to children with disabilities through skateboarding.
It is teaching them how to build strength, balance and coordination, as well as interacting with their peers. The classes were started last year and both teachers and parents say they are happy with the effects of the training.
Most of the children in the class have autism, Down syndrome, spina bifida and cerebral palsy.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News