Children with disabilities learn life skills while skateboarding
July 15, 2016
An NGO in the United States called SkateMD is teaching social and physical skills to children with disabilities through skateboarding.
It is teaching them how to build strength, balance and coordination, as well as interacting with their peers. The classes were started last year and both teachers and parents say they are happy with the effects of the training.
Most of the children in the class have autism, Down syndrome, spina bifida and cerebral palsy.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Seeking a friend or life partner? Register at this meet up
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Celebrate Autism Pride Day, every day
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News