Indoor training equipment developed for wheelchair racers
July 17, 2016
In order to make sure that wheelchair racers can also train like everyone else, special training equipment has been developed.
BAE Systems and UK Sport Technology have together created an indoor training system that allows wheelchair racers to work out and train while being indoors. WATT, Wheelchair Athlete Test and Training system is the name of the equipment.
It provides the same workout that a wheelchair racer or athlete would do outside.
The device has state of the art mechanical parts along with software to simulate training courses from all over the world. it can keep track of performances and also predicts the future performance of the trainee based on its stored data.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News