Indoor training equipment developed for wheelchair racers
In order to make sure that wheelchair racers can also train like everyone else, special training equipment has been developed.
BAE Systems and UK Sport Technology have together created an indoor training system that allows wheelchair racers to work out and train while being indoors. WATT, Wheelchair Athlete Test and Training system is the name of the equipment.
It provides the same workout that a wheelchair racer or athlete would do outside.
The device has state of the art mechanical parts along with software to simulate training courses from all over the world. it can keep track of performances and also predicts the future performance of the trainee based on its stored data.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019