Indoor training equipment developed for wheelchair racers
July 17, 2016
In order to make sure that wheelchair racers can also train like everyone else, special training equipment has been developed.
BAE Systems and UK Sport Technology have together created an indoor training system that allows wheelchair racers to work out and train while being indoors. WATT, Wheelchair Athlete Test and Training system is the name of the equipment.
It provides the same workout that a wheelchair racer or athlete would do outside.
The device has state of the art mechanical parts along with software to simulate training courses from all over the world. it can keep track of performances and also predicts the future performance of the trainee based on its stored data.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 “Stay positive to beat all odds” - My Take by Jomy John Joseph, disability rights activist
- Events July 11, 2019 State Level Conference
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 An instinctive, nurturing approach enables this music teacher to unearth talents in disabled students
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 Understanding Essential Oils for Autism, ADHD
- Events July 11, 2019 Inclusive Art Therapy Workshop
- Headlines July 15, 2019 ‘Chandrayaan 2’ launch called off after technical slag
- Events July 16, 2019 Trek to Chandratal Baralacha La
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News