A speech scientist who gives voice to the speech impaired
July 17, 2016
Rupal Patel, an Indian American speech scientist, is also the founder of VocaliD, a startup that is leading the way in the customization of digital voices for people with speech impairments.
Many physical problems like autism, cerebral palsy, genetic conditions, stroke, etc can affect speech and VocaliD is helping to build synthetic voices for them.
It helps match the peopel with a voice suited to their age, gender and personality.
Rupal and her team take samples from the client and then check it with the database of donor voices to find the closest match. This way the usesr's voice sounds ntaural.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Sustainable, eco-friendly vocational training for disabled adults, the Aarambh way
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News