A speech scientist who gives voice to the speech impaired
July 17, 2016
Rupal Patel, an Indian American speech scientist, is also the founder of VocaliD, a startup that is leading the way in the customization of digital voices for people with speech impairments.
Many physical problems like autism, cerebral palsy, genetic conditions, stroke, etc can affect speech and VocaliD is helping to build synthetic voices for them.
It helps match the peopel with a voice suited to their age, gender and personality.
Rupal and her team take samples from the client and then check it with the database of donor voices to find the closest match. This way the usesr's voice sounds ntaural.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News