A speech scientist who gives voice to the speech impaired
Rupal Patel, an Indian American speech scientist, is also the founder of VocaliD, a startup that is leading the way in the customization of digital voices for people with speech impairments.
Many physical problems like autism, cerebral palsy, genetic conditions, stroke, etc can affect speech and VocaliD is helping to build synthetic voices for them.
It helps match the peopel with a voice suited to their age, gender and personality.
Rupal and her team take samples from the client and then check it with the database of donor voices to find the closest match. This way the usesr’s voice sounds ntaural.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Salman Khan donates for families of Pulwama martyrs
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 12, 2019
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News