Village in Manipur builds school for children with special needs
A village in the northeastern Indian state of Manipur has built a school for children with special needs. It all started when a couple in the Pearsonmun village had an autistic child but realized that there was no school that could meet his needs close by.
So the village community decided to make one themselves. They pooled the money and built a fully accessible school in the village that was opened in 2011.
There are 30 students that attend the school and 40 more that cannot come to the school but are given home-based care.
WIth the help of the United Nations, the school was able to get their staff trained in physiotherapy, speech therapy, special education and school administration.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Get-hooked February 20, 2019 Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 18, 2019
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News