National Para-athlete seeks government support
India-level para-athlete Prashant Kumar Sinha who is facing a bad time financially has asked the government to provide him with a job so that he can improve his living conditions.
Sinha, who is 31 years old, is a badminton player from Jharkhand. He moved to Delhi so that he could find a job and support himself. He plays in the Special Olympics and the Para Olympics and has been playing at the national level for 19 years.
Sinha met with the Sports Minister Vijay who has promised him help.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 9, 2019 Rohit Sharma becomes 1st Indian to hit 100 sixes
- Technology February 11, 2019 Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
- Headlines February 11, 2019 ‘Gully Boy’ screened at Berlin Film Festival, gets positive reviews
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Mammootty watches latest film 'Peranbu' with disabled kids at Kochi theatre
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019