Obi the robot helps people with disabilities eat
Desin, a robotic firm, has designed a robot Obi that will allow the people with disabilities to eat without the help of another person.
Obi has four separate bowls for food and a robotic arm with a spoon. Once the caregiver guides the arm towards the user , Obi learns the delivery location.
It can also manage the amount of food served at a time and choose the food from the four bowls. It has sensors to detect collision.
Obi has been created to help people suffering from with conditions like multiple sclerosis, ALS and Parkinson’s disease.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Citizen activism pays off, gurdwara in East Delhi takes steps to make worship accessible for all
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019