Obi the robot helps people with disabilities eat
July 24, 2016
Desin, a robotic firm, has designed a robot Obi that will allow the people with disabilities to eat without the help of another person.
Obi has four separate bowls for food and a robotic arm with a spoon. Once the caregiver guides the arm towards the user , Obi learns the delivery location.
It can also manage the amount of food served at a time and choose the food from the four bowls. It has sensors to detect collision.
Obi has been created to help people suffering from with conditions like multiple sclerosis, ALS and Parkinson's disease.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
- Parasports June 23, 2019 Deaf shooter Dhanush Srikanth stuns the world with performance in regular category
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Felt suicidal after India loss, says Pakistan cricket coach
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Education June 21, 2019 American College in Madurai introduces disability studies in syllabus
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News