Pune Municipal Corporation to reserve property for people with disabilities
July 24, 2016
The Pune Municipal Corporation plans to 5% of its rental commercial properties for people with disabilities.
These properties include vegetable markets, multi-purpose centres, shops and offices in the city.
The move will enable people with disabilities to earn a livelihood. If more than one person is interested in a property, then a lottery system will be used.
Out of the 290 properties owned by the PMC, 74 have been allotted already.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News