Pune Municipal Corporation to reserve property for people with disabilities
The Pune Municipal Corporation plans to 5% of its rental commercial properties for people with disabilities.
These properties include vegetable markets, multi-purpose centres, shops and offices in the city.
The move will enable people with disabilities to earn a livelihood. If more than one person is interested in a property, then a lottery system will be used.
Out of the 290 properties owned by the PMC, 74 have been allotted already.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Teen art prodigy Ansh's stunning watercolours show maturity, individuality
- Events February 9, 2019 The Learning Factory, a Musical Puppet Play
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Headlines February 9, 2019 Rohit Sharma becomes 1st Indian to hit 100 sixes
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News