Dyslexia no hurdle in the way of this author's dream
July 31, 2016
L.J. Kidd, an Australian author who writes and illustrates children's book series and has dyslexia will soon publish her next book.
Her books tell colourful stories of everyday animals like bees, dogs and snails who rise above their challenges. Kidd says she drew on her own experiences growing up to come up with the stories.
She says that her teacher considered her a dumb kid who simply could not read. This was despite the fact that Kidd was good at art and sport.
Her father understood very quickly that there was something special about her and put her in a class where she learned photography.
Many schools in Australia have contracted Kidd to encourage students to believe in themselves and use their creativity irrespective of their limitations.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News