Dyslexia no hurdle in the way of this author's dream
July 31, 2016
L.J. Kidd, an Australian author who writes and illustrates children's book series and has dyslexia will soon publish her next book.
Her books tell colourful stories of everyday animals like bees, dogs and snails who rise above their challenges. Kidd says she drew on her own experiences growing up to come up with the stories.
She says that her teacher considered her a dumb kid who simply could not read. This was despite the fact that Kidd was good at art and sport.
Her father understood very quickly that there was something special about her and put her in a class where she learned photography.
Many schools in Australia have contracted Kidd to encourage students to believe in themselves and use their creativity irrespective of their limitations.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Seeking a friend or life partner? Register at this meet up
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Employment June 20, 2019 Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News