Dyslexia no hurdle in the way of this author's dream
L.J. Kidd, an Australian author who writes and illustrates children’s book series and has dyslexia will soon publish her next book.
Her books tell colourful stories of everyday animals like bees, dogs and snails who rise above their challenges. Kidd says she drew on her own experiences growing up to come up with the stories.
She says that her teacher considered her a dumb kid who simply could not read. This was despite the fact that Kidd was good at art and sport.
Her father understood very quickly that there was something special about her and put her in a class where she learned photography.
Many schools in Australia have contracted Kidd to encourage students to believe in themselves and use their creativity irrespective of their limitations.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 20, 2019
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019