Meet Odisha's first blind woman to complete her thesis
July 31, 2016
It took nearly eight years of struggle for Manjulata Panda who had to travel to distant places, access literature printed in Braille and interview over 200 blind persons to earn her Ph. D degree.
Manjulata is the first blind woman in the history of Odisha to achieve her Ph. D degree from Utkal University.
Her topic was 'Employment status of visually-impaired persons in public and private sector' and she had to collect information from libraries, the Internet and other sources.
To make sure her research was original, Manjulata documented the lives of employed and unemployed blind youths and women in the state.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Rahul Gandhi criticised for mocking Dog Squad yoga picture
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News