Meet Odisha's first blind woman to complete her thesis
July 31, 2016
It took nearly eight years of struggle for Manjulata Panda who had to travel to distant places, access literature printed in Braille and interview over 200 blind persons to earn her Ph. D degree.
Manjulata is the first blind woman in the history of Odisha to achieve her Ph. D degree from Utkal University.
Her topic was 'Employment status of visually-impaired persons in public and private sector' and she had to collect information from libraries, the Internet and other sources.
To make sure her research was original, Manjulata documented the lives of employed and unemployed blind youths and women in the state.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News