Goa's special wheelchair-accessible holiday kicks off
August 1, 2016
A number of persons with disabilities gathered in Goa's capital Panaji on Saturday to welcome 25-year-old graphic designer, Sai Kaustuv Dasgupta from Andhra Pradesh on his first-of-its-kind wheelchair accessible holiday.
The initiative was organized by Umoja, an online travel portal for persons with disabilities.
Dasgupta, who has brittle bone disease, was able to travel to Goa after winning Umoja's Wheelchair Wanderlust competition.
Umoja's CEO Yeshwant Holkar says the company has identified around 35 places including restaurants and tourist spots in the state which are accessible to persons with disabilities. The first wheelchair accessible taxi in the state 'Freedom Cab' will be unveiled on 15 August.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Maneka Gandhi gets notice from Election Commission
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Jallianwalah Bagh massacre, people pay tribute
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News