Goa's special wheelchair-accessible holiday kicks off
A number of persons with disabilities gathered in Goa's capital Panaji on Saturday to welcome 25-year-old graphic designer, Sai Kaustuv Dasgupta from Andhra Pradesh on his first-of-its-kind wheelchair accessible holiday.
The initiative was organized by Umoja, an online travel portal for persons with disabilities.
Dasgupta, who has brittle bone disease, was able to travel to Goa after winning Umoja's Wheelchair Wanderlust competition.
Umoja's CEO Yeshwant Holkar says the company has identified around 35 places including restaurants and tourist spots in the state which are accessible to persons with disabilities. The first wheelchair accessible taxi in the state 'Freedom Cab' will be unveiled on 15 August.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 7, 2019
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News