Hoshangabad builds park for people with disabilities
Hoshangabad in Madhya Pradesh claims to have set up India's first park for people with physical disabilities.
The park is an attempt to make people with disabilities aware of things around them through touch, smell, sound, and vision.
Directions have been given in braille at important points and so are the descriptions of the plants here from all over the world.
A section to spread awareness about the modern equipment available for people with disabilities has also been created.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Education February 19, 2019 The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kochi Metro gets thumbs up for accessibility features
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Infosys Foundation announces Rs 10 lakh to families of martyrs of Pulwama attack
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 20, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News