Hoshangabad builds park for people with disabilities
August 4, 2016
Hoshangabad in Madhya Pradesh claims to have set up India's first park for people with physical disabilities.
The park is an attempt to make people with disabilities aware of things around them through touch, smell, sound, and vision.
Directions have been given in braille at important points and so are the descriptions of the plants here from all over the world.
A section to spread awareness about the modern equipment available for people with disabilities has also been created.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
April 21, 2019
- In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
April 20, 2019
- CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
April 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News