Hoshangabad builds park for people with disabilities
August 4, 2016
Hoshangabad in Madhya Pradesh claims to have set up India's first park for people with physical disabilities.
The park is an attempt to make people with disabilities aware of things around them through touch, smell, sound, and vision.
Directions have been given in braille at important points and so are the descriptions of the plants here from all over the world.
A section to spread awareness about the modern equipment available for people with disabilities has also been created.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 9, 2019 Imran Khan invites PM Modi for peace talks
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Dhoni gets government support on gloves issue
- Headlines June 9, 2019 Ex-union minister Aslam Sher Khan offers to replace Rahul Gandhi
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News