Centre in Chennai helps hearing impaired kids join regular schools
A school in Chennai called Balavidyalaya School is helping children with hearing impairments develop language skills so they can join the mainstream education system.
The help is offered totally free of cost.
The school is open to children less than three years of age and it aims to help them develop verbal language skills by making the best use of residual hearing, which is the ability to hear some sounds in spite of hearing loss.
This way the hearing loss does not come in the way of their speaking ability. They are taught to speak using hearing aids or cochlear implants that are provided by the school itself.
The school follows a special curriculum that helps prepare every child to join the mainstream education system at the earliest possible age.
Watch in Sign Language
- The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
February 19, 2019
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 21, 2019 Free Medical Camp
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 #LovePossible - Newlyweds Shilpa & Danish Mahajan are setting serious couple goals
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Education February 19, 2019 The Gati initiative is enabling mainstream Mumbai schools to provide high quality, inclusive education
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
- Parasports February 19, 2019 "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 8, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News