Centre in Chennai helps hearing impaired kids join regular schools
A school in Chennai called Balavidyalaya School is helping children with hearing impairments develop language skills so they can join the mainstream education system.
The help is offered totally free of cost.
The school is open to children less than three years of age and it aims to help them develop verbal language skills by making the best use of residual hearing, which is the ability to hear some sounds in spite of hearing loss.
This way the hearing loss does not come in the way of their speaking ability. They are taught to speak using hearing aids or cochlear implants that are provided by the school itself.
The school follows a special curriculum that helps prepare every child to join the mainstream education system at the earliest possible age.
Watch in Sign Language
- Disabled students in West Bengal cheer move to reserve 5% seats in higher education
December 18, 2018
- Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
December 14, 2018
- Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
December 14, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events December 17, 2018 Dementia Caregivers' Support Group Meet
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh may be announced today
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
- Get-hooked December 14, 2018 Miracle on Wheels is transforming lives of thousands of wheelchair users in India
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Headlines December 18, 2018 New Madhya Pradesh CM waives off farmers' loan after taking charge
- Get-hooked December 18, 2018 This Bengaluru school is empowering women with disabilities for the job market
- Events December 17, 2018 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Parasports December 13, 2018 Wheelchair kabaddi set to make its presence felt in India
- Headlines December 17, 2018 Bhupesh Baghel is the new Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018