Arunima Sinha, first Indian female amputee to climb Mt Everest in Forbes’ achievers list
February 26, 2016
Sportspersons and entrepreneurs from India dominate the Forbes '30 under 30 Asia' list that recognizes change-makers. 56 Indians have been mentioned which include Arunima Sinha, the first female amputee to climb Mt. Everest in 2013. Also featured are tennis player Sania Mirza, cricketer Virat Kohli and badminton champion Saina Nehwal. Among the entrepreneurs mentioned are Raghav Verma, co-founder of Chaayos and Mehul Aggarwal, co-founder of FabFurnish.
The list covers achievements in 10 categories including consumer technology, the arts, healthcare, retail etc. There are 300 names from India, Indonesia, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Pakistan, Vietnam and Australia.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events July 11, 2019 Wilson’s Disease Support Group Meeting
- Accessibility July 15, 2019 Western Railways’ monsoon helpdesks for disabled people, elderly are a winning idea
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
- Events July 16, 2019 Open Voices Conference
- Headlines July 17, 2019 England’s World Cup win clouded by ICC rule controversy
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 Some tips to help a child with Down syndrome sleep better
- Events July 11, 2019 South Zone Regional Abilympics
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News