Arunima Sinha, first Indian female amputee to climb Mt Everest in Forbes’ achievers list
February 26, 2016
Sportspersons and entrepreneurs from India dominate the Forbes '30 under 30 Asia' list that recognizes change-makers. 56 Indians have been mentioned which include Arunima Sinha, the first female amputee to climb Mt. Everest in 2013. Also featured are tennis player Sania Mirza, cricketer Virat Kohli and badminton champion Saina Nehwal. Among the entrepreneurs mentioned are Raghav Verma, co-founder of Chaayos and Mehul Aggarwal, co-founder of FabFurnish.
The list covers achievements in 10 categories including consumer technology, the arts, healthcare, retail etc. There are 300 names from India, Indonesia, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Pakistan, Vietnam and Australia.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 15, 2019 Restrictions lifted in Jammu
- Events August 13, 2019 Inclusive Walkathon
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Delhi Public School Bengaluru North brings an inclusive touch to its crowdfunding initiatives
- Accessibility August 16, 2019 Independence Day honours for Infinity Park, Chennai's largest inclusive park for kids
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Tips to lead a healthy lifestyle when you are an amputee
- Parasports August 15, 2019 India triumph at Physical Disability World Cricket Series, will BCCI finally take note?
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Para shuttler Pramod Bhagat's Arjuna Award glory marred by lack of recognition for head coach
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News