Madras High court adopts abandoned man with disability
August 6, 2016
The Madras High Court has adopted a rich, hearing-and speech-impaired man who has no parents, keeping in mind that there is threat to his life.
This is after an attempt was made to kidnap Manoj Rajan and push him into a marriage so that his properties could be taken.
Rajan, who has speech and hearing impairment besides being mentally challenged, lost his mother when he was 14.
His father put him in a special school, and got him married off when he was 29 years old.
His wife divorced him but tried to take his custody after his father's death.
When that did not succeed, she kidnapped him and tried to marry him. She also acquired his property worth over Rs 1 crore.
The court has now taken steps to ensure Rajan's properties are protected and he has been placed in a secure home.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 #AutismPower - Varun Sawant juggles multiple talents with great style
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News