Madras High court adopts abandoned man with disability
August 6, 2016
The Madras High Court has adopted a rich, hearing-and speech-impaired man who has no parents, keeping in mind that there is threat to his life.
This is after an attempt was made to kidnap Manoj Rajan and push him into a marriage so that his properties could be taken.
Rajan, who has speech and hearing impairment besides being mentally challenged, lost his mother when he was 14.
His father put him in a special school, and got him married off when he was 29 years old.
His wife divorced him but tried to take his custody after his father's death.
When that did not succeed, she kidnapped him and tried to marry him. She also acquired his property worth over Rs 1 crore.
The court has now taken steps to ensure Rajan's properties are protected and he has been placed in a secure home.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Seeking a friend or life partner? Register at this meet up
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News