Madras High court adopts abandoned man with disability
The Madras High Court has adopted a rich, hearing-and speech-impaired man who has no parents, keeping in mind that there is threat to his life.
This is after an attempt was made to kidnap Manoj Rajan and push him into a marriage so that his properties could be taken.
Rajan, who has speech and hearing impairment besides being mentally challenged, lost his mother when he was 14.
His father put him in a special school, and got him married off when he was 29 years old.
His wife divorced him but tried to take his custody after his father's death.
When that did not succeed, she kidnapped him and tried to marry him. She also acquired his property worth over Rs 1 crore.
The court has now taken steps to ensure Rajan's properties are protected and he has been placed in a secure home.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News