India at Rio - Rani Rampal profile
August 8, 2016
The women's hockey team is representing India at the Olympics after 36 years and there are many hopes that Rani Rampal will be winning a medal for India.
Rani was chosen to represent India when she was 15 years old, the youngest player to represent any country at the hockey World Cup in 2010. She helped India win its first bronze medal at the event.
She was also a part of the team that bagged silver at Asia Cup and she played both the Asian and Commonwealth Games in 2010.
Rani, who is the daughter of a cart-puller in Haryana, has struggled to reach this spot.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 26, 2019 Morning of Fun
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
- Headlines June 24, 2019 India dismissed report on rising religious tensions
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Zakker Hussain’s relentless commitment to social work is admired by many people
- Parasports June 26, 2019 Ireland win puts para shuttler Pramod Bhagat among contenders for Tokyo Paralympics
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Social media thread highlights barriers faced by disabled candidates at exam halls across India
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Felt suicidal after India loss, says Pakistan cricket coach
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News