India at Rio - Rani Rampal profile
August 8, 2016
The women's hockey team is representing India at the Olympics after 36 years and there are many hopes that Rani Rampal will be winning a medal for India.
Rani was chosen to represent India when she was 15 years old, the youngest player to represent any country at the hockey World Cup in 2010. She helped India win its first bronze medal at the event.
She was also a part of the team that bagged silver at Asia Cup and she played both the Asian and Commonwealth Games in 2010.
Rani, who is the daughter of a cart-puller in Haryana, has struggled to reach this spot.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Events April 22, 2019 Learn to manage your own career
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Disabled people in parts of Goa can look forward to wheelchair accessible transport on voting day
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News