Mumbai student creates app for visually impaired
Mumbai student Pavan Kumar Chitta, has created a app for the visually impaired.
The app helps them to move around without taking the help of others.
Pavan was inspired to create the app after he visited the ‘Dialogue in the Dark’ restaurant in Bengaluru, which is staffed by visually impaired people. Pavan was surprised when he saw their confidence and great service.
Pavan’s app, Bee My Guide, uses the programming Interface from companies like IBM. The app is currently on iOS phones and clicks pictures of the surroundings and then describes it.
The app has six features — My Vision, Check my money, What's around me, My location, My weather and Find my stuff — guide the user.
Pavan created these features by taking feedback from the staff of the ‘Dialogue in the Dark’ restaurant.
Watch in Sign Language
- Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
February 17, 2019
- Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
February 14, 2019
- Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
February 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Get-hooked February 19, 2019 Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019