Mumbai student creates app for visually impaired
August 8, 2016
Mumbai student Pavan Kumar Chitta, has created a app for the visually impaired.
The app helps them to move around without taking the help of others.
Pavan was inspired to create the app after he visited the 'Dialogue in the Dark' restaurant in Bengaluru, which is staffed by visually impaired people. Pavan was surprised when he saw their confidence and great service.
Pavan's app, Bee My Guide, uses the programming Interface from companies like IBM. The app is currently on iOS phones and clicks pictures of the surroundings and then describes it.
The app has six features – My Vision, Check my money, What's around me, My location, My weather and Find my stuff – guide the user.
Pavan created these features by taking feedback from the staff of the 'Dialogue in the Dark' restaurant.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
April 18, 2019
- Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
April 15, 2019
- Developmental disorders can now be diagnosed from home, thanks to this app developed by AIIMS
April 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News