Robotic dinner plate for people with disabilities
A robotic dinner plate with a human-like arm could make a major difference to people with disabilities.
Called Obi, it makes it possible for people with impaired movement to feed themselves.
Its costs US$ 4,500 and has a rotating serving dish with four compartments for different foods, as well as a robotic-arm fitted with a spoon.
A caregiver teaches Obi where to deliver the food by moving its robotic arm. After that, the robot is able to repeat the process. Users can tell the arm when to feed.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Get-hooked February 7, 2019