Mobile app that lends a hand to the blind
August 17, 2016
For those who are visually impaired, finding an ATM, hospital, hotel or other such facilities requires asking for some help.
A start-up by a group of people in Delhi has come out with an app called Eye-D that can virtually be the eyes and ears for the blind.
The app can also tell users if someone they know is in their vicinity and can help them find their way to office or home and access the internet. There is also a keypad developed so that they can use their smartphones comfortably.
The application is available for free download on Android phones.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
June 13, 2019
- Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
June 12, 2019
- #TechThursdays – What makes the DALI app a game changer for students with dyslexia
June 6, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Events June 11, 2019 Maximising Progress in Autism
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News