Bangalore University scheme to help students with disabilities
To help create employment opportunities for students with disabilities, the Braille Resource Centre of Bangalore University has entered into collaboration with Enable India and JP Morgan.
The University Connect Programme has been launched to create employability awareness and skills for students so that they can secure jobs without difficulty after education.
Organisers say that every year, about 20,000 students with disabilities complete education but they lag behind due to lack of skill so there is a need to introduce employment skills during education itself.
Watch in Sign Language
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
- No clarity on final guidelines for medical entrance test, disabled aspirants still in the dark
January 30, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Headlines February 11, 2019 SBI warns customers on ATM frauds
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Valentine’s Day plans - NewzHook readers share some ideas
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019