Bangalore University scheme to help students with disabilities
To help create employment opportunities for students with disabilities, the Braille Resource Centre of Bangalore University has entered into collaboration with Enable India and JP Morgan.
The University Connect Programme has been launched to create employability awareness and skills for students so that they can secure jobs without difficulty after education.
Organisers say that every year, about 20,000 students with disabilities complete education but they lag behind due to lack of skill so there is a need to introduce employment skills during education itself.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility December 6, 2018 Kerala government reserves 4% jobs for disabled people in government-aided educational institutions
- Headlines December 8, 2018 Singer Mika Singh detained& released in Dubai over sexual harassment allegations
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 New study highlights importance of building motor skills in kids with autism
- Events December 8, 2018 Poetry and Talent Nite at Mitr
- Headlines December 8, 2018 PM Narendra Modi meets UP Chief Minister on Bulandshahr violence
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 Understanding Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
- Events December 11, 2018 Annual Party Forum For Autism
- Headlines December 6, 2018 India vs Australia announce teams for Adelaide Test
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Some tips for dating when you have a disability
- Employment December 11, 2018 Learn sign language over a cuppa at this Jodhpur cafe
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked December 8, 2018