Bangalore University scheme to help students with disabilities
August 16, 2016
To help create employment opportunities for students with disabilities, the Braille Resource Centre of Bangalore University has entered into collaboration with Enable India and JP Morgan.
The University Connect Programme has been launched to create employability awareness and skills for students so that they can secure jobs without difficulty after education.
Organisers say that every year, about 20,000 students with disabilities complete education but they lag behind due to lack of skill so there is a need to introduce employment skills during education itself.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Education June 19, 2019 Parents, special educators group files RTI into status of inclusive education in Kerala
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 At this Chennai grocery shop, people with autism show their skills at customer service
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Encephalitis kills 108 people in Bihar
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News