TV station enables blind Americans to enjoy Olympic games
August 19, 2016
Millions of blind Americans are able to enjoy the Olympic games like never before.
This is thanks to the TV network station NBC, which is airing the Olympics in prime time with additional narrators who report what's happening on screen. Its like closed captioning for the visually impaired.
To hear them, all viewers have to do is turn on special cable-box settings to activate their audio track. Two senior Canadian sports broadcasters who spent hours studying the sports and NBC commentators' speech patterns do the commentary.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News