TV station enables blind Americans to enjoy Olympic games
Millions of blind Americans are able to enjoy the Olympic games like never before.
This is thanks to the TV network station NBC, which is airing the Olympics in prime time with additional narrators who report what's happening on screen. Its like closed captioning for the visually impaired.
To hear them, all viewers have to do is turn on special cable-box settings to activate their audio track. Two senior Canadian sports broadcasters who spent hours studying the sports and NBC commentators’ speech patterns do the commentary.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Impure alcohol kills 82 in U.P, Uttarakhand
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News