TV station enables blind Americans to enjoy Olympic games
August 19, 2016
Millions of blind Americans are able to enjoy the Olympic games like never before.
This is thanks to the TV network station NBC, which is airing the Olympics in prime time with additional narrators who report what's happening on screen. Its like closed captioning for the visually impaired.
To hear them, all viewers have to do is turn on special cable-box settings to activate their audio track. Two senior Canadian sports broadcasters who spent hours studying the sports and NBC commentators' speech patterns do the commentary.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Headlines April 24, 2019 Bollywood actor Sunny Deol joins BJP
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
- Headlines April 26, 2019 Madras High Court lifts ban on TikTok
- Get-hooked April 26, 2019 #GetMoneywise – Financial planning tips for parents with children with disabilities
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Accessibility April 24, 2019 Blood disorders no grounds to exclude disabled aspirants from studying medicine, argues petition
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News