Braigo app helps blind understand text on images
September 27, 2017
For the nearly 300 million people around the world who are visually impaired, browsing the Internet can be a frustrating experience.
Braigo Labs has launched a beta of its app to help the blind and visually impaired people make sense of text on images.
Braigo Platform is a free web application aimed at anyone who needs accessibility solutions for the visually impaired. The platform supports more than 50 languages, and can be used to extract text from images from a variety of sources, whether from the web or from a phone.
Screen readers are usually limited to text displayed as text and are not useful for reading text overlaid on images.
Watch in Sign Language
- #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
May 23, 2019
- Reserve Bank of India suggests app to help visually impaired people identify rupee notes
May 15, 2019
- Google's Android Q to introduce Live Captions and Subtitles to all types of content
May 14, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 #BeingMom - Vinayana Khurana's creative side was enhanced by mother Neerja
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 From working for underprivileged kids to disability rights advocacy, Diksha wears many hats
- Headlines May 24, 2019 Rahul concedes defeat, congratulates PM
- Headlines May 24, 2019 World leaders congratulate PM Modi
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Get-hooked May 25, 2019 Urmi Foundation helps disabled kids from poor communities get access to education
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Sensex witness steep high after exit poll results
- Accessibility May 20, 2019 Goa election officials, NGOs come together to conduct accessibility audit of polling booths
- Headlines May 22, 2019 PM Modi pays tribute to Rajiv Gandhi on death anniversary
- Headlines May 23, 2019 NaMo all the way, BJP-led alliance returns with thumping majority
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News