Indian wheelchair tennis player hopes to win in 2020 Paralympics
August 21, 2016
32-year-old Prathima Rao, a wheelchair tennis player from Bengaluru, hopes to represent India and win a medal in the 2020 Summer Paralympics.
Prathima is paralysed from below the waist since she was three years old and has represented India in many international games in the past. However, she couldn't win those games due to lack of better equipment and training.
But she plans to raise money to get a better wheelchair which will allow her to move smoothly and quickly to compete with international players in the upcoming games.
People like Prathima inspire the country's athletes to give their best despite their difficulties.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 11, 2019 25th World Cardiology Conference
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Seeking a friend or life partner? Register at this meet up
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News