Deaf critic movie review of Pete's Dragon
August 22, 2016
Pete's Dragon is an American fantasy adventure film directed by David Lowery and produced by Walt Disney. Pete's Dragon is a remake of the 1977 animated musical film of the same name.
The story revolves around an orphaned boy Pete (Oakes Fegley) who shares a magical bond with a huge green dragon, who he names Elliot.
The film starts with Pete, a five-year-old kid going on an adventure with his parents, followed by their car crash which leaves him alone crying in the dangerous forest.
The innocent Pete meets a dragon with green fur, yellow eyes and huge wings and names it Elliot.
Pete and Elliot share a unique friendship and stay together happily for the next six years in the deep forest, in the world of their own away from civilization.
The twist in the simple fairytale comes when Pete, now 11, meets Natalie (Oona Laurence), the daughter of a forest ranger Grace (Bryce Dallas Howard) who gets surprised to know that dragons are real and friendly too.
The way the director has expressed the emotional bond between Pete and Elliot with his stunning 3D visuals and animation is really heart-touching and makes one realize that magical things happen in life when one believes in them.
Although the story concludes with the dragon Elliot realizing the importance of Grace's family in Pete's life and letting Pete stay with his new family, the climax scene is truly a magical visual treat.
Pete's Dragon is an amazing watch for kids and grown-ups too due to the expressive emotional performance of the cast, simple and easy to understand dialogues, beautiful cinematography and most importantly, the value of following humanistic approach in life.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Events June 11, 2019 25th World Cardiology Conference
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News