Deaf critic movie review of Pete's Dragon
August 22, 2016
Pete's Dragon is an American fantasy adventure film directed by David Lowery and produced by Walt Disney. Pete's Dragon is a remake of the 1977 animated musical film of the same name.
The story revolves around an orphaned boy Pete (Oakes Fegley) who shares a magical bond with a huge green dragon, who he names Elliot.
The film starts with Pete, a five-year-old kid going on an adventure with his parents, followed by their car crash which leaves him alone crying in the dangerous forest.
The innocent Pete meets a dragon with green fur, yellow eyes and huge wings and names it Elliot.
Pete and Elliot share a unique friendship and stay together happily for the next six years in the deep forest, in the world of their own away from civilization.
The twist in the simple fairytale comes when Pete, now 11, meets Natalie (Oona Laurence), the daughter of a forest ranger Grace (Bryce Dallas Howard) who gets surprised to know that dragons are real and friendly too.
The way the director has expressed the emotional bond between Pete and Elliot with his stunning 3D visuals and animation is really heart-touching and makes one realize that magical things happen in life when one believes in them.
Although the story concludes with the dragon Elliot realizing the importance of Grace's family in Pete's life and letting Pete stay with his new family, the climax scene is truly a magical visual treat.
Pete's Dragon is an amazing watch for kids and grown-ups too due to the expressive emotional performance of the cast, simple and easy to understand dialogues, beautiful cinematography and most importantly, the value of following humanistic approach in life.
Watch in Sign Language
- #RareDiseases - Poor awareness & support among the challenges people with Sturge-Weber syndrome face in India
July 18, 2019
- Trolled for a disability, UPSC topper Ira Singhal highlights need for inclusive education
July 18, 2019
- Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
July 17, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 13, 2019 Parenting corner - Autism and Aggression
- Headlines July 15, 2019 Press Club of India supports media boycott of Kangana
- Events July 18, 2019 RUN for Wheels Marathon
- Parasports July 17, 2019 India Divyang Cricket Team is raring to make its mark in first ever world series
- Get-hooked July 14, 2019 An instinctive, nurturing approach enables this music teacher to unearth talents in disabled students
- Headlines July 12, 2019 India celebrates with Dutee Chand
- Events July 16, 2019 Open Voices Conference
- Parasports July 14, 2019 Para chess champ Jennitha Anto does India proud yet again
- Get-hooked July 18, 2019 Trolled for a disability, UPSC topper Ira Singhal highlights need for inclusive education
- Get-hooked July 12, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News