Eating oily fish may reduce risk of vision loss due to diabetes
August 23, 2016
Eating oily fish twice a week may reduce the risk of sight-threatening diabetic retinopathy in middle-aged and older people with type 2 diabetes, says a new study.
The number of people with type 2 diabetes is rising and a major concern is diabetic retinopathy, which is a leading global cause of vision loss.
People who eat oily fish twice a week show relatively reduced risk of sight-threatening DR.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News