Beauty contest for blind women in Mumbai
August 26, 2016
The National Association for the Blind and the NGO Blind Dreams are organizing a nationwide beauty pageant for blind women, called Princess India.
People can apply over the next few weeks. The final contest will be in January 2017.
Women between the ages of 18 and 30 years can enter the contest and they can be married. Participants will receive 15 days of training in ramp walking and presentation. The event will also introduce blind women to designers, make-up artistes, choreographers and people working in the glamour industry.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News