Beauty contest for blind women in Mumbai
The National Association for the Blind and the NGO Blind Dreams are organizing a nationwide beauty pageant for blind women, called Princess India.
People can apply over the next few weeks. The final contest will be in January 2017.
Women between the ages of 18 and 30 years can enter the contest and they can be married. Participants will receive 15 days of training in ramp walking and presentation. The event will also introduce blind women to designers, make-up artistes, choreographers and people working in the glamour industry.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Employment February 10, 2019 Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Technology February 11, 2019 Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019