Beauty contest for blind women in Mumbai
August 26, 2016
The National Association for the Blind and the NGO Blind Dreams are organizing a nationwide beauty pageant for blind women, called Princess India.
People can apply over the next few weeks. The final contest will be in January 2017.
Women between the ages of 18 and 30 years can enter the contest and they can be married. Participants will receive 15 days of training in ramp walking and presentation. The event will also introduce blind women to designers, make-up artistes, choreographers and people working in the glamour industry.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Dhoni gets government support on gloves issue
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News