India's Rio Paralympians - Farman Basha
September 8, 2016
Farman Basha is widely regarded as one of the most promising sportsman in the world of power lifting.
His story is an inspiring one in many ways. Born to a poor family in Karnataka, Basha got polio when he was a year old.
He started power lifting after his neighbour introduced him to sports for persons with physical disabilities. He uses calipers and a wheelchair to move around.
Basha first represented India at the 2012 Summer Paralympics in London. He won a silver bronze medal at the 2010 Asian Para Games in China, which was later upgraded to a silver.
He won the Arjuna Award in 2008.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Events April 22, 2019 Learn to manage your own career
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News