India's Rio Paralympians - Naresh Sharma
September 9, 2016
A veteran shooter Naresh Kumar Sharma was the first para athlete from India to get a slot for the 2016 Rio Paralympics.
42-year-old Sharma, who is an Arjuna Award winner did this by coming 12th in the men's 50m rifle at a world championship in the U.S.
This is the fifth time Sharma will participate in the Paralympics. He has represented India from 1996 to 2012 and his best performance was in 2008 in China where he came fifth.
Sharma who is a wheelchair user trained under German coach Manfred Goras.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 'Mental hai kya': Sensational & STIGMA MULTIPLIES? - My take by Dr Harish Shetty
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News