India's Rio Paralympians - Naresh Sharma
A veteran shooter Naresh Kumar Sharma was the first para athlete from India to get a slot for the 2016 Rio Paralympics.
42-year-old Sharma, who is an Arjuna Award winner did this by coming 12th in the men's 50m rifle at a world championship in the U.S.
This is the fifth time Sharma will participate in the Paralympics. He has represented India from 1996 to 2012 and his best performance was in 2008 in China where he came fifth.
Sharma who is a wheelchair user trained under German coach Manfred Goras.
Watch in Sign Language
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
- Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Kangana Ranaut lashes out Alia Bhatt
- Events February 14, 2019 Ghazal Nite
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Impure alcohol kills 82 in U.P, Uttarakhand
- Parasports February 9, 2019 Aspiring wheelchair cricketers in Karnataka, here is your chance to shine
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News