India's Rio Paralympians - Naresh Sharma
September 9, 2016
A veteran shooter Naresh Kumar Sharma was the first para athlete from India to get a slot for the 2016 Rio Paralympics.
42-year-old Sharma, who is an Arjuna Award winner did this by coming 12th in the men's 50m rifle at a world championship in the U.S.
This is the fifth time Sharma will participate in the Paralympics. He has represented India from 1996 to 2012 and his best performance was in 2008 in China where he came fifth.
Sharma who is a wheelchair user trained under German coach Manfred Goras.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Seeking a friend or life partner? Register at this meet up
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News