India's Rio Paralympians - Suyash Jadhav
22-year-old Suyash Jadhav, a double amputee, is the only Indian swimmer to achieve the minimum qualification standard for this year’s Rio Paralympics.
Suyash lost his hands in an accident when he was 11 years old. He was at family wedding and was playing with his cousins using rods when electrical wires touched the rod in his hands.
Suyash was already actively involved in sports like swimming thanks to his father who was a physical education schoolteacher and a national swimmer, wrestler and kho-kho player.
He got a lot of support from doctors and teachers and eventually started swimming again.
He was 16 years old when he took part in his first international meet and won a bronze medal in the 100m breaststroke.
Last year at the world games in Russia, he won a silver medal in the 50m butterfly and a bronze in the 200m individual medley.
Watch in Sign Language
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
- Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 10, 2019 4th All India Deaf Fine And Craft Festival
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Kerala government starts initiatives for inclusive elections
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Mammootty watches latest film 'Peranbu' with disabled kids at Kochi theatre
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News