16-year-old from Gurgaon develops app for India's Rio paralympians
16-year-old Arhan Bagati, an athlete from Gurgaon, has developed a mobile app to help the Indian paralympians participating in the Rio games.
The app, called InRio, has information to help participants move around easily, access relevant contact details, and more.
It also has emergency contact details of the Indian embassy, a route map to the nearest counter set up for people with disabilities, an in-built health monitor where athletes can check their performances. and advice on what the athletes should eat.
A Class 12 student, Arhan has been trying to help people with disabilities through technology for quite some time now.The Paralympics are from 7 to 18 September and India is sending 18 athletes.
Watch in Sign Language
- "After playing for 15 years, I am getting recognition now" - My Take by blind chess champ Kishan Gangolli
February 19, 2019
- Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
February 18, 2019
- Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
February 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Help pours in for families of slain CRPF soldiers
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News