Deaf critic movie review of Ben-Hur
August 30, 2016
Ben-Hur, an epic historical film based on the 1880 novel 'Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ' is the story of victory of good over evil and has action, drama and adventure.
The American film stars Jack Huston, Toby Kebbell, Rodrigo Santaro, Nazanin Boniadi and Morgan Freeman in important roles and is directed by Timur Bekmambetov.
The movie introduces Judah Ben-Hur (Jack Huston) as a Jewish prince who lives with his childhood friend and adoptive brother Messala (Toby Kebbell), sister and his mother in Jerusalem.
Despite of the affections from his brother and sister, Messala feels distanced from his family and decides to join the Roman army and fight in the German wars.
Three years later, Messala returns as a Roman officer and re-unites with Judah and convinces him to serve as an informant against the people who oppose to the unfair nature of the Roman rule.
Meanwhile, Judah unknowingly treats and shelters a youth who plans to kill the new Roman governor but fails in his attempt.
Messala feels cheated by this as Roman officials held him responsible for the incident.
Messala supports the Romans in arresting Judah's family and thus, both the brothers start hating each other.
The story then revolves around Judah's five years of slavery as a rower and how he overcomes the obstacles to return to his home at Jerusalem to find out if his mother and sister are alive or dead.
Judah's fate gives him a chance to participate in the deadly chariot race and fight against his brother who destroyed his life.
Will Judah seek revenge or will he forgive his brother and re-unite with his family forms the concluding part of the story.
The 3D action-filled sequences of the film are impressive. The narration becomes slow at times but the emotional expressions of the cast keeps viewers hooked.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Events April 22, 2019 Learn to manage your own career
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News