Sham Singh Shera to train aspiring athletes with disabilities
August 29, 2016
Body-builder Sham Singh Shera has been named as the brand ambassador of Jerai Fitness, a company that manufactures and deals with exercise equipments.
The company will organize a series of workshops in Mumbai and Delhi where Shera will train boys and girls with disabilities who aspire to become athletes.
The workshops will be held in association with NGOs Udaan and Chetanalaya.
Shera, who has polio, has won many body-building championships including Mr World in Spain in 2011. He has also won a gold medal in an international body-building competition in the US in 2015.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Events April 22, 2019 Learn to manage your own career
- Accessibility April 24, 2019 Accessible voting promise a sham says activist Arman Ali, shares experience on social media
- Get-hooked April 25, 2019 NGO Thanal celebrates Easter Sunday in a special way
- Get-hooked April 26, 2019 Online series Safe Cooking offers lessons specially for visually impaired people
- Accessibility April 26, 2019 With 3,000 plus polling booths on upper floors, disabled voters in Maharashtra are a worried lot
- Events April 26, 2019 Dyslexia Awareness Workshop
- Headlines April 24, 2019 Islamic State takes responsibility for Lanka blasts
- Headlines April 24, 2019 Bollywood actor Sunny Deol joins BJP
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News