Sham Singh Shera to train aspiring athletes with disabilities
August 29, 2016
Body-builder Sham Singh Shera has been named as the brand ambassador of Jerai Fitness, a company that manufactures and deals with exercise equipments.
The company will organize a series of workshops in Mumbai and Delhi where Shera will train boys and girls with disabilities who aspire to become athletes.
The workshops will be held in association with NGOs Udaan and Chetanalaya.
Shera, who has polio, has won many body-building championships including Mr World in Spain in 2011. He has also won a gold medal in an international body-building competition in the US in 2015.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News