Sham Singh Shera to train aspiring athletes with disabilities
Body-builder Sham Singh Shera has been named as the brand ambassador of Jerai Fitness, a company that manufactures and deals with exercise equipments.
The company will organize a series of workshops in Mumbai and Delhi where Shera will train boys and girls with disabilities who aspire to become athletes.
The workshops will be held in association with NGOs Udaan and Chetanalaya.
Shera, who has polio, has won many body-building championships including Mr World in Spain in 2011. He has also won a gold medal in an international body-building competition in the US in 2015.
Watch in Sign Language
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
- Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Munambam Beach in Kerala all set to become disabled-friendly
- Events February 9, 2019 Race For 7
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Impure alcohol kills 82 in U.P, Uttarakhand
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News