Vogue magazine's Brazil edition slammed for showing able-bodied models as differently abled
August 29, 2016
Fashion magazine Vogue Brazil has been strongly criticized as being insensitive for showing able-bodied models as differently-abled on their latest cover.
The magazine photo-shopped models to look like two real Paralympic athletes from Brazil. They were edited onto the bodies of popular Brazilian actors.
Vogue Brazil says it did not do anything wrong and that they are promoting the Paralympics, which will be taking place on 7 September.
Instead, people have said that the campaign is against the idea of diversity and representation of people with disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News