Vogue magazine's Brazil edition slammed for showing able-bodied models as differently abled
August 29, 2016
Fashion magazine Vogue Brazil has been strongly criticized as being insensitive for showing able-bodied models as differently-abled on their latest cover.
The magazine photo-shopped models to look like two real Paralympic athletes from Brazil. They were edited onto the bodies of popular Brazilian actors.
Vogue Brazil says it did not do anything wrong and that they are promoting the Paralympics, which will be taking place on 7 September.
Instead, people have said that the campaign is against the idea of diversity and representation of people with disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
- Events June 11, 2019 Nurturing The Green Week’ 2019 - World Environment day
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Accept, Respect, Empower each other - Guest Column by Tapas Bharadwaj
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News